Wanted: Back End Web Developer
The Number Creative is looking for a full-time Back End Web Developer to join our experienced team.
You can demonstrate:
- A portfolio of work with full-stack experience and back-end WordPress development
- Good communication skills and keen to provide support for clients and our team
- General familiarity with all manner of hardware and software, knowledge of computer networking both wired and wireless, macOS computer administration, Linux server administration, knowledge of the DNS system, administration of the Apache web server, a MySQL or MySQL based database, the PHP runtime, and WHM/cPanel server management software
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out MOST aspects of the WordPress web development process. This includes assisting with project scope/direction, prototyping, development, testing, and launching the final site.
- Effective troubleshooting and an excitement to be useful even if it falls outside the constraints of your regular tasks
- Ability to work within an existing code base without having to burn it to the ground
- Eagerness to continually improve – skills, process, outputs, communications, and customer experience
- Passion for best design and coding practices and desire to develop new fun ideas
Who are you?
- Fun and positive
- Continuous learner and can figure things out
- Eager, determined with a strong attention to detail
- Able to balance time-management and time-tracking
- Collaborative, but able to take the lead to solve problems
- Takes constructive criticism as an opportunity to improve
- Can give honest and fair critiques of others’ works
- Can juggle multiple projects for multiple clients and multiple formats simultaneously
- Strong Valid HTML, PHP, JS, and strong knowledge of back-end development of WordPress
- Comfortable with CSS SCSS Bootstrap v3-4, frontend JS
- Good at writing accessible HTML
- Experience with Google APIs and Google Analytics
- Comfortable working in Sage, Roots & Laravel environments
- Comfortable working with command line utilities
- Experience maintaining and integrating 3rd level API plug-ins
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- NPM/Yarn, Webpack, grunt, composer
- Webkit, Gulp, asset processing, asset pipeline, etc
- Backup/Disaster recovery solutions
Nice to haves:
- Asana & Harvest
- Ruby on Rails
- React.js, React Native
- Capistrano, Node
What we offer:
- Great vibes. We do our best to keep it light
- We love our community and our roster of local business clients, and large tourism projects
- Really though, we are basically a big group of friends – we like to have fun at work and care about one another
- Flexible work environment – remote or office, wherever you want to be
- Competitive Salary, Health & Dental Coverage
- Coffee, Kombucha, Beer Fridge, BBQs – we’ll keep you fuelled up
- Centrally located, easy to reach office via bike and transit
Why should you even work here?
We believe in people, work and value. That means flexible hours, health/dental benefits, meeting and collaborating with wonderful individuals, an eclectic work environment, extra-curricular summer gardening, lite socialism, and strong opinions about Sourdough and other fermented goods. It means contributing to original, unique, engaging projects with purpose. It means helping people put their dreams out in the world, and sharing a drink at the end of the day to celebrate.
A little bit about us:
The Number is a full service marketing, strategy & communications agency operating in Victoria, BC since 2003. We work on projects small and large, and like to build long-term mutually beneficial relationships. We work to outcomes, finding unique solutions to today’s business challenges. Whether it’s developing new software, launching new ventures, building brands or sparking dialogues we know how to engage audiences and communicate values across all mediums.
How to apply:
Want to join our team as a Back End Web Developer? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself! Also include your resume and samples of your work.